E-Mail Scam Alert
If you receive an email regarding Webmail Services – it IS NOT from your website hosting or email provider – TRASH IT!
It’s a phishing scam trying to steal your account. Phishing scams are a way that hackers will trick you into giving them your password for targeted accounts. The moment you click on the link it will take you to a website where they can harvest this information and begin to do their damage. The emails will typically ‘look’ authentic, but you’ll see that they do not have a legitimate “from” email address.
If you are a client of Helpful Website and you question the source of any administrative emails – always check with us. Chances are that you’re questioning it for a good reason and it’s best to ignore emails like this to avoid major issues with any of your accounts.
HELPFUL PASSWORD SECURITY TIPS
- Always keep your email account and passwords in a safe place.
- Make sure any password you have for any online account is never an actual word.
- To ensure better security, your password should be at least eight characters.
- Always mix up letters, capitals and numbers that are not obvious.
- Change your passwords regularly.
- Use a unique password for every online account you have.
“Not all who wander are lost.”
– j. r. r. tolkien